Fostering a Culture of Reading and Research
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Hough Campus (PK3 - Grade 4)
Serving our elementary school, the Interactive Library was re-envisioned in 2013 to create a space that liberates the exploration of ideas, encourages inquiry, imagination, discovery and creativity by connecting students to information, to each other and to communities around the world. It includes
- Interactive display technology (SMARTboards and Promethean tables for group innovation and critical thinking)
- A green screen for filming
- iPads loaded with educational apps
- Cozy places to curl up and read a book
- And, of course, thousands of books, both print and electronic, for all reading levels.
Students are motivated to utilize library resources through activities and incentives such as
- One School, One Book program each fall
- The Sunshine State Young Reader Award
- Battle of the Books
- Summer reading programs
- Spring Book Fair
These events make reading relevant, social and exciting. As students are challenged through various incentives, they discover a genuine love of reading.
Knowlton Campus (Grades 5 - 12)
The Carothers Family Library provides a place for middle and upper school students to expand their minds and develop strong study habits. The common area in our library empowers active and collaborative learning via a space that is open, dynamic and integrated with technology.
- A green screen for filming video and audio podcasts, interviews, and auditions
- Presentation spaces
- One DSLR camera and two camcorders available for use for special projects
- An adjoining makerspace
- Couches and ottoman seating for comfort, flexibility, and group work
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Ebrary (a database of 45,000+ eBooks)
- QuestiaSchool (online research database for Grades 7 - 12)
- Online Public Access Catalog or OPAC
- SIRS Knowledge Source by Proquest
- Magazine, newspaper and journal articles on current event